In preparation for he use of Paasy McPassFace we revampled the build and deployment process for Universal Relay Boilerplate. We also introduced improvements to the React Native project.
- Organize the names of build scripts by category:
setup-- Scripts for setting up a new development environment for URB once it is downloaded from repo.
update-- Update settings for running URB.
build-- Build scripts.
dev-- Scripts for running in development mode.
start- run all development servers and react-native code server.
- A new version number is added. It consists of the major-minor-revision version number from package.json, with appended incrementing build number as last fourth digit. The version is stored at /configuration/package.js. An example of such version is
22.214.171.124. The number is updated every time a build is performed. The version number is used for loading assets generated by webpack. This ensures a unique URL for every build for those assets, even when the version in
package.jsonhas not been changed.
- Winston now writes to Cassandra. The IP address of the server is added to the startup information written into the log.
- Descriptive error is issues if code requests Object Type with an incorrect name from the Object Manager.
- The React Native project is updated with better routing and look and feel of the login screen.
- The major versions of
nodeare locked down.
- The list of modules installed in production has been reduced.
The same changes are implemented in Rebar.